Saturday, July 22, 2006

Memory fun

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Apologies for not posting something more substantial this week but I've been conducting my own research into medical text anxiety. Hmm. Always easier to talk the anxiety through when it's someone else being poked and prodded. Funny that.

So, I thought maybe a little fun was in order.

Ah, the power of distraction!

I just came across what has been touted as the first World Memory Challenge. It's part of a project by memory expert Tony Buzan to find out who has the best brains by country, gender and profession.

It has been running for some time. Currently, Australia is failing to make the top 20, women are lagging slightly behind men and health professionals have yet to make the top 10 scoring occupations.

So, what are you waiting for? Go to it!

5 comments:

jumpinginpuddles said...

lol well it was fun and ok did it with a nice headache, and to be honest thought how long does this go for :P but end of day score was 7264, the last two ones i just skipped :P

HP said...

Hey JIP, I finished and didn't get much more than you but then I am not known for my memory!

Anonymous said...

I'm not exactly known for my memory either...unless it's about something totally irrelevant to anything important! :)

fjl said...

Nurturing yourself through anxiety can be hard to face, but very effective and rewarding. I forced myself to work through a hidden exam fear when I was doing my finals, it was very good for me.

x

Alison said...

Gee I thought my memory was just shot to pieces but I'm pretty average for my age group as it turns out. So thanks HP, it's actually a relief!