Monday, March 23, 2009

Online psychological research


One of the great benefits of the internet, particularly from the point of view of psychological research, is that it facilitates access to a much wider pool of potential participants. I've made extensive use of online research at undergraduate and postgraduate level and am now doing so again in my current research.


I'd like to therefore again highlight two key resources for researchers like myself. Both sites host a great number of very interesting studies (including my own currently *nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more*), many of which I often participate in myself when I have a few moments to spare.


If you have an interest in psychology, can I suggest you pop over to both sites to have a look at the kind of research being undertaken online currently and, possibly, if a study is of interest you, donate a little of your time? I know, from personal experience, that your participation will be greatly appreciated.


The first site is Online Psychological Research UK, maintained by Dr. Kathryn Gardiner, from the University of Central Lancashire. Note, you have to be a UK resident to participate in studies. For researchers, it also has a link to a number of useful resources for researchers interested in online research.


The second site is Psychological Research on the Net, maintained by Dr. John Krantz at Hanover College in the US. Participation is open to everyone. Again, there are a number of useful resources for online research.


A permanent link to both sites in the sidebar will be added today.

No comments: