Saturday, October 04, 2008

Resilience


Mental Health Week starts Sunday the 5th October and runs until Saturday the 11th October.

This years sees the initiation of a three year campaign to build resilience, to help people develop strengths to enable them to cope better with negative events. The focus of this initial year is to appreciate the smaller things in life.

For a slide presentation from the Mental Health Association of NSW please click here.

For more on Mental Health Week in general, read here.


3 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

Appreciating the little things, that's such an important key. Staying in the now. Are resilient people more likely to think this way? I would think so. I'd like to be caught up on this literature.

Dr. Deb said...

I love these awareness programs. Eventhough every day should be an awareness day!

Awake In Rochester said...

I didn't know it was mental health week. Darn! I couldn't see the slides. My old corky computer wouldn't let me.